Friday, September 16, 2011

Something New



Visit the following link to see some of the art quilts that are in the 'Ties that Bind' exhibit which is a part of the Innovations in Textile event. The exhibit is at the Sheldon arts galleries in St. Louis, Mo. http://vimeo.com/29075618  Although I brought the textile group 'Fiber Coalition' to the gallery directors attention, which I am a member of, I chose not to create an art quilt for the exhibit..  I wanted to play around a little bit and do something a little different and unexpected of me, so I created three hats which you can see below. You can only see a hint of them in the video.


 For the last couple of years I have been creating pieces with fabric remnants that I have available, the only thing that I have purchased is threads.  The hats, which I no longer wore were floating from one space to another, so I decided to finally utilize them in a creative way. I created a muslin pattern of the shape of the hat and then did a fabric collage over the muslin.  The first hat is titled 'Patch Work' and each hat shows two views, the second hat is titled ' Safari', and the third hat is titled 'Musical Topper'  It was a fun gesture and I love the outcome. 

                                                                                                             
                                                                                                                                                                                         
 
 


All about the music, not just hearing it but feeling it deep, deep, deep

                                                                                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment